Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Omkar Dadarkar : Natya Sangeet Inheritance

When I was young my parents would take me to Sangeet Nataks at Sahitya Sangha. They inculcated in me the appreciation for Natya Sangeet.

At home Uncle MJ was a fabulous singer with the gift of a luxurious voice. He was trained at the prestigious The Goa Hindu Association's Music academy. So though I never learnt music I learnt to appreciate good music.

At the age I admired Omkar Dadarkar. He had a captivating voice and a gifted child he was what with an Aunt like Manik Verma and parents like Shrikanth and Shubhada Dadarkar who are dedicated to Marathi Natya Sangeet.

Sharing here a video of Omkar I chanced upon. It is after a long gap I am listening to him and a child he is no more. He has matured to a complete magical singer you will note after being a scholar at the elite Gurukul in ITC Sangeet Research Academy. I am wishing I get to hear him live soon.



Also listen to these rare natya geet sung my none other than Dinanath Mangeshkar.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to leave your thoughts here.

On Trail