Thursday, March 26, 2015

AalaN Kanda Paat Ghalun

It is the season of vatli dal and I made my stash. This is a dish I make with soaked chana dal and spring onions. Yes but the kairi is missing in this one.

The pictures are old and this recipe was in the drafts for ages. The beauty about this dish is that it can be enjoyed as is at snack time or as an accompaniment with any type of roti, the best with Bajarichi bhakri.

Before I go on to the recipe I have a something to share. On March 21, it was divine intervention. It was the auspicious day of Navroz and Gudi Padva, a descendant of the original inhabitants of Mumbai and the heir of the discoverer of Aspro decided they want to spend the rest of their life together. The outcome, the Koli resident of this blog promises to show you some awesome Parsi fare here soon.

But before I show you how to make the best Akuri lets make this Aalan.

Ingredients

1 cup Chana dal, soaked and ground to paste
1 cup chopped spring onion greens
2 green chilies 
1/4 teaspoon asafoetida.
1/4 teaspoon mustard seeds
1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
2-3 tablespoons of oil
salt 
and sugar for taste
A squeeze of lime

Preparation

Soak the chana dal for 1 hour. Drain the dal thru a sieve. Grind into smooth paste.

Heat oil in a wok. Add the asafoetida and wait till it is fragrant, just a moment. Splutter the mustard seeds and cumin seeds. Add the green chilies and chopped spring onions into the oil. Give it a stir. Follow in with ground paste of dal. Salt and sugar to go in at the point. Cover and cook to creamy consistency.

Give a squeeze of lime over it mix well. Serve with your favorite roti or eat it up from a cup like I did.


While I do love to cook for friends this time I just want to relax and chill out so now going over to find
Foodcoupons and deals to treat my friends and family who are visiting me since the announcement.

I also found exclusive Dominos coupons and saved my money when I ordered once from them.


4 comments:

  1. Heartiest Congratulations Anjali!! What a fabulous news, I am soooooo happy for you. May all your dreams come true. Hugs!

    - Priti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anjali I am always so lazy to post comments but HAD to delurk to say Congratulations!!!! Very happy for you my dear :) looking forward to your Parsi recipes 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Its been a while since you showed up here. Hope all well at your end.

      Delete

Thank You for taking the time to leave your thoughts here.

On Trail