Tuesday, April 24, 2018

ArchaeoBroma, 5-6 May 2018


The first ever Conference on the Archaeology, Sociology, History and Ethnography of Food in India is slated for the 5th and 6th of May 2018 at the University of Mumbai (Kalina) thanks to the Instucen Trust and the Centre for Extra Mural Studies, University of Mumbai

A huge line up of some really great people and papers has been scheduled to bring out the history and culture within food.

Write in to archaeomaha@gmail.com for details

____________________________________________________________________

Can you feel my pulse? Yes, I am all excited to present at #ArchaeoBroma. Who would think that a passion for food and my heritage as a Koli would have brought me here?

I will be returning to my alma mater to speak on FOOD! This after studying Environmental Pollution Control Technology at the Mumbai University at the Kalina Campus. Funny that my scientific paper on 'Preliminary studies on the adsorptions behaviour of Chromium on fly ash' which was published in the prestigious Chemical Engineering World XXXII, ; 1: 81-82 did not get me such an opportunity.

When in school, I aspired to have a degree in Home Science but my Dad discouraged me saying it was meant for rich girls marrying into Business families. We were middle class and a girl of the future so I had to study Science, Medicine or Technology. So I did. 

Life comes full circle though. FOOD, CULTURE and TECHNOLOGY dominates my life as an entrepreneur. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to leave your thoughts here.

On Trail