Wednesday, July 17, 2024

UNFATHOMABLE अथांग



That’s the view from my village Thal, Alibag!

Recently my cousin Prashant and I were nostalgic about our childhood vacations and our loving Koli people. Why are we so loving? We both wondered. 

Then he shared something really profound. His grandfather Dashrath whom we affectionately called Raja baba once told him the secret to a Koli’s loving heart. 

रोज समुद्र बघून बघून आपलं हृदयही अथांग झालंय ! 

VIEWING THE OCEAN EVERY DAY HAS MADE OUR HEART UNFATHOMABLE !

Prashant then went on further to say, every community is influenced by their surroundings. Like a Marwadi saves since he comes from the dessert. A Brahmin is dominating because historically they have been scholars.

I am blown away by this statement, the perspective and realisation that dawned on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to leave your thoughts here.

On Trail