Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Pineapple Shravani Cake


Two of my kids decided to have a December wedding. Pineapple Sheera and Shravani Cake, I have been in love with them for a long time now. As the love blossomed, mine and not theirs, me as a parent many a time thought of a marriage. It would have to be arranged I thought. I did and you know what now they are in love, deep in love!

If bro V reads this he will go nuts. May be he will call me to tell he loved it as he sometimes does.

Relating to you the proceedings of the ceremony.


Dad had made a pineapple syrup and bottled it two days ago. I looked at it, so beautiful I thought. As the weekend arrived and as has been happening lately we were booked for a lunch, a family was visiting so I had to make some dessert. That's when this grandchild was born.
It is the expression of both the parents best.

Ingredients
1 cup roasted semolina
1/2 cup curd
1/2 cup milk
a tiny pinch of yellow food color (you can skip this, I used it only for party effect)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons of powdered pistachios

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl and allow to stand for 15 mins. Meanwhile grease a pan with ghee, a cooker pan should do. Steam for 20 -25 mins. It is steamed just like rava idlis.

Once done, cool completely and turn it upside down onto a cake stand or serving tray. Sprinkle the powdered pistachios on the cake. The yellow and green colors look sunny and fit for a mini party. It turns out really fluffy and a bite into the pineapple bits embedded in it is awesome.

This is Shravani Cake Version 2.0 as it has pineapple and it is steamed and not baked. Click here for Shravani Cake Version 1.0.


4 comments:

  1. cool recipe!! will give it a try...happy new yr, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anjali bless the happy union! I looked up your shravani cake and interestingly a version of it used to be my birthday cake when I spent my summer vacation at our native place :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds Gr8.. I'm sure it will taste too, after reading your receipe. With all those ingredients it can't go wrong. Love to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ashwini yeah I remember your post on tausali :).

    Swaroopa and Rina let me know how it turned out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to leave your thoughts here.

On Trail