Last weekend was a big turning point for me. Someone's coaxing made me do the unthinkable. My friends are shocked but happy. Guess what I have joined Arjun Devaiah's weekend training camp and will run for a marathon in September.
My situation currently:
- Cannot run for more than 7-8 mins.
- Am quite flexible though when I do stretches.
- Really enthusiastic about participating in all the activities, partner exercises.
- I have shed my inhibitions. Don't care a damn if anyone is staring.
- Am waking up early.
- Changing 3 vehicles to reach the training camp!
Most of all Arjun is a natural motivator. He is just letting me take it at my pace.
- Just participating in the camp makes me feel alive.
- My metabolism has improved and I actually feel hungry now.
After returning home on Sunday this is what I made for lunch.
1/2 cup thick beaten rice/ poha
2 cups low fat curd
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons jaggery powder
1/4 teaspoon red chili powder
1/8 teaspoon mustard
1 big pinch asafoetida
Just a few drops of oil
Wash and soak the thick poha for 10 mins. It should be plumped up and soft at the end of it.Heat oil, splutter the mustard seeds. Add the asafoetida, red chili powder and jaggery powder. Simmer for 1 min. Put off the heat. Add the curd. Mix in the soaked poha and salt.
I call it Triple Flavors Poha as it is tangy-sweet-spicy.
I need to thank the hermit, who has chosen to go out of communication.