Sunday, March 06, 2011

Dabu


As part of the summer break planned I went on a shopping spree and bought lots of ethnic fabric to get my travel wardrobe ready. Some weaves and prints that I picked up fascinated me enough to start a new section on this blog for Textiles and Prints

This first post is on Dabu Print. Dabu is a style of printing in which a mud resist block is made with a special mixture of mud, natural gum and wheat chaff and vegetable dyes are used for printing. Here is a beautiful post by on the step by step printing process of Dabu.

When my eyes fell on this punjabi suit set I was completely in love with it. Rosy pink base with crimson flowers. The ends of the dupatta and the central panel on the dress have white printed flowers and a border. The cotton is soft and feels beautiful on the skin.

I purchased it from Mriganayanee the Madhya Pradesh Govt. Emporium in Kormangala BDA complex.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to leave your thoughts here.

On Trail