Sunday, August 11, 2024

BitwanIndia YouTube



A weekend reco for you…

I slept late enjoying a new YouTube channel BitwanIndia. The couple Bita and Bhagwan, a Persian (Iran) and Maharashtriya record their love story and life. I enjoyed watching them exploring each other’s cultures. I related with them as I am a Maharashtriya and my late husband Arvi was a Parsi who ofcourse identified himself as Bharatiya. 


What stood out starkly in Iran Zoroastrianism is an inclusive religion. Bhagwan could go right inside the fire temple upto the sanct sanctorium the central room where the fire is kept alive. 


The parents are open minded. The community does not make the life of intercultural / interracial / interreligious couples a nightmare by ostracising the couple. 


Here in Bharat, I am suffering a lot! I wasn’t allowed to enter the fire temple. I could not see the final rites of my husband. I am struggling with the Parsi law even today!


It is an oxymoron that Parsis are forward thinking! Their laws and community is archaic. They are far different from the current community in Iran. Parsis adopted Gujarati and the saree here. They look lost in the company of current Irani Zoroastrians.


This whole thing of maintaining purity of blood is a joke when 85% of Parsi blood is Gujarati as proved by scientific research on DNA and history.


You don’t need to look deep that all these laws and traditions are only to hoard the wealth and property of the Parsi community. 


I am fortunate to have Arvi’s loving two Fois / aunts and his Mami who stand strong with me right from when I met them before marriage. These family members are a treasure I lucked out on!


There are those rare few friends in the community who care for me. Check on me. 


There is one Zahhak that will be destroyed by my Fravarshis. I trust in practicing good thoughts, good words, and good deeds!


God bless @bitwanindia with prosperity, happiness and joy!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to leave your thoughts here.

On Trail