Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Baby Corn Lollipops

Lollipops with Stir Fried greens and Milk Soup



Searching for Baby Corn Lollipop creator....


Long time ago while going through the numerous blogs that link across the many blogs that I browse I hit upon a picture that I loved. Later I tried to look for it again but was unable to find. Google too did not co-operate. This recipe is inspired from the picture I had seen. I don't remember the original so made something of my own. If BCL creator is reading this please link up.


I loved them. They can be amazing starters for a party. The flavours are mild and the herbs make it fragrant. I guess this will be one hit recipe if you try it just once. This recipe lends itself well for a mass preparation.


Here is a thali of all the ingredients that I used.



Ingredients


  • 8 baby corns
  • 6 potatoes medium sized
  • 1/2 cup grated carrot
  • 1/2 cup fine chopped onion
  • handful cilantro chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon dry basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon dry oregano
  • 1/4 teaspoon asafoetida
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoon green chili sauce
  • 1 teaspoon red chili powder
  • 1/2 cup bread crumbs (I did not use but its a must)

In a big bowl mix all ingredients. I did not use bread crumbs but learnt that adding bread crumbs would have been a good idea as a binder. On each baby corn cob paste up the potato mixture to get a lollipop. Like seen here. Line them up in a greased tray. Bake on highest temp for 20 mins or till golden and crisp.



Serve hot with mayonnaise or sauce of your choice but definitely not ketchup! I used eggless mayonnaise. Do let me know if you like it. Also link me up if you have seen something similar elsewhere as I am looking for the Creator of this dish.

12 comments:

  1. they look yummy, sure would try it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good you baked these - I am putting on weight just blog hopping these days! And the greens are...

    You changes the tag line... :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look good and I like the fact that they don't need to be fried.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i thought you make balls and attach it to sticks but when i saw the pic
    uffffffff
    big lollipop
    need to get basil n oregano

    www.talimpu.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. some thing new ..You created a wrap kind on the corn ...creative thought

    ReplyDelete
  6. if no one's willing to take credit for it, i can. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anjali, this is definitely a must try recipe. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely delicious and crispy lollipops dear...mouthwatering ...:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Anjali, really mouth watering snacks. Looks great. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anita good we have atleast something to blame!!! We are on the same page;). Yeah those greens are what they call chakota here. Yeah I have deadlines making me pant and this bloggy baby demands attention too ;).

    Lavanya thats the best part.

    Anusharaji the first time I heard about chicken lollipops I had the same reaction and still wonder what they taste like.

    Bee what will you do with so many feathers in your cap? ;):)

    Ushi, jyothi let me know if you like them once you try the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a brilliant idea it is to use baby corn as the "lollipop stick" that can also be eaten! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is a nice creative recipe. Bookmarking!!!!You have a nice blog. will keep visiting often.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to leave your thoughts here.

On Trail