Wednesday, July 11, 2007

No fuss Burger



"I am leaving in 10 mins". Baba wait you cannot leave without breakfast. "But you are still in bed". "It will take just 10 mins for me to make you something" said me.


In a hurry I scrambled out of bed. Got fresh and got into the kitchen. I had Burger buns and tomatoes, potatoes and onions. I remembered I had some kasuri methi. Well that could make a good burger. So here is what I did.

Ingredients

2 burger buns
1 teaspoon butter

For the patties:
4 raw potatoes
1 tablespoon Kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
2 green chilies chopped
1 handful cilantro
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon corn flour
salt to taste
Oil to fry

for the salad
2 tomatoes sliced
1 onion sliced


To make the patties. Wash and clean the potatoes. Grate them and add Kasuri methi, green chilies, cilantro, cumin, corn flour and salt. Mash together. Shape into 2 patties and shallow fry on a gridle till golden and crisp.

Slice the burger buns at the equator. While the gridle in hot add the butter and watch it sizzle. Tcch..Tchh silly put the burger buns on it and roast a bit on both sides. This will make the burgers really inviting.

Assemble the burger by laying the patties on the inside of the lower hemisphere. Layer the sliced tomatoes and onions. Add a dash of salt and red chilli powder. Cover with the northern hemisphere. Its ready to be gobbled up with what? Ketchup of course!

Main bhi Khush! Baba be Khush!

Note:

Baba is my Dad and not my son. Eh...he is becoming one now as he becomes older;).

7 comments:

  1. that was a very sweet post - and the recipe looks great too.I think now you have a good collection of under 20 minutes recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum but still a great feat trying to achive this in 10 min.
    good job !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anjali,look what I have at Foodie's hope today!!:D
    Looks yum,I love veg. Burgers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The burger is not only recipe..it shows your care and affection on your Dear papa too...so sweet daughter////

    ReplyDelete
  5. hash browns on bread. what's not to like?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely posts. Watching the sizzling butter, cutting at the equator :). Yr last line reminded me of Shakespeare's poem about second childhood!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sreelu I din't have a stop watch ;)!!!

    Asha same pinch! :)

    Usha my Dad likes that bit ;).

    Bee aww... you smarty you caught me. I resisted calling them that as I had herbed and spiced up ;). Alright hash browns was the inspiration :);)

    Suganya Shakespeare was a great observer wasn't he?

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to leave your thoughts here.

On Trail