Friday, January 01, 2010

Mushroom Dhansak On Brown Rice


A Parsi meal: Mushroom Dhansak on Brown rice and Caramel custard

There are many Dhansak recipe out there on the internet but this time I cooked from my most dependable source, "Annapoorna" by Mangala Barve.

The age tells it all, this is the only cook book in my possession and that too was gifted to me on my 14th Birthday.

Today's post is Not a recipe. Just wanted to share pictures of the year end meal of 2009 and my source of inspiration to cook in all these years.

I don't buy cook books. At one time I had a load of Femina issues which I found needed to be disposed for lack of space, their food photos were stylish. There are still a lot of e-cookbook which I don't even look at but keep hoarding. My go to place for recipes almost everyday is the blogs generously shared by ordinary people like me and you. That is the kind of food I like, mostly home-style sometimes flamboyant restaraunt style.

I hope to bring to you some really interesting posts this year about my Koli community. Wish me luck and keep visiting.

2 comments:

  1. I too have an older parsi cookbook -- simple recipes and nothing too spicy right? sometimes that's the best way to go :)

    Mushroom dhansak would be great on a snowy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Anjali !!! Keep writing, I love to read your recipes, inspirational stories and travel accounts :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to leave your thoughts here.

On Trail