Banana Fritters



Banana fritters remind me of Periyar. A visit to the Periyar wildlife sanctuary is a must when you are in Southern Kerala. A dam was built across the Periyar river that caused some trees to be submerged in water and its a wonderful scene. The best way to explore the wild life sanctuary is by boat, floating slowly on the Periyar river that flows through the sanctuary. Especially the 4 o'clock ride. It is that time of the day when animals come to the shore for a drink. We saw herds of elephants, bisons, deers and cute little otters jumping into the the waters.

After the boat ride we then went to the nearby spice market. I shopped for a whole lot of spices that lasted me almost 3 years. Near the spice market was a quaint little restaraunt where we ate banana fritters that I enjoyed a lot and everytime I make my own I remember those fritters in Periyar.

Ingredients

1 raw banana
1 cup chickpea flour
1/2 teaspoon red chili powder
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
1 handful chopped cilantro
1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
salt to taste

Oil to fry

Mix chickpea flour, red chili powder, turmeric, chopped cilantro, cumin seeds and salt with water to get a thick batter.

Peel and Slice the raw banana on a V-slicer using thick mode.

Dip the slices in the batter and fry in hot oil until crisp.

Serve with Ketchup or any chutney.

Comments

  1. Anjali!
    banana fritters look so hot n spicy n yummy!! I am keeping myself off from deep fried stuff or else i would have made them imme

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumm...plantain bajjis will sure warm you up on any day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow ! fritters with banana ? that sound yummy. never had it.
    thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, everyone seems to be cooking plantains recently. I really must get my hands one some now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to leave your thoughts here.

Popular Posts