Thursday, February 14, 2008

Choco Walnut Cake - II


Happy Valentines Day !!!

I revisited my Walnut Choclate Cake recipe for this Valentine's Day. It is this time of the year when I actually want to celebrate though I am not much of the crazy trend follower.

No expensive gifts. Just something I will be able to give every year, every day of the year. No and it is not this cake either. He knows it but this post is to show it.

I just changed the recipe a bit and it has turned out better.

Ingredients
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup fine semolina
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup crushed walnuts
2 cups milk
70 gms ghee/ butter

1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon soda bicarbonate
1/4 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/4 teaspoon salt


Beat the sugar and ghee/ butter together in the food processor until fluffy.

Sieve together all purpose flour, semolina baking powder, soda bicarbonate, salt and cocoa powder.

Add the sieved mix into the processor little at a time. Add the milk a little at a time. Alternate this till all flour and milk is in the processor. Add the vanilla. Whip it up.

Grease a 9X11 baking tray with ghee/ butter. Sprinkle the crushed walnuts in a layer. Add the cake batter over it. Thump the tray lightly on the counter. This will spread the batter evenly. If it is not even spread it with a spatula.

Preheat oven for 10 mins. Bake the cake for 20 mins.

Cool the cake in the baking tray itself. Cut into squares like I did or different shapes with a cookie cutter. Invert the baking tray onto a decorative tray or remove each piece onto a fancy dish. Serve with icecream, milk or orange juice else nibble on it just like that.

My word: Since I make eggless cakes, they always are denser than the ones that have egg. Its the first time ever I had such a light crumbly cake.

Lots .....

Comments are disabled for this post.

On Trail