Sunday, December 07, 2008

Me Mumbaikar

I was in Mumbai when the terror attacks happened. I was with my near and dear ones in my suburban home. On that night I had dinner at Sangita's and was catching up on all the gossip when one of her social worker friend called and asked us to watch the news. We were shocked!!

My Colaba was under attack. My Palva bunder (Gateway of India) where I went for evening walks when I was little was battle ground. It was unbelievable to see a safe area like Colaba market turn to a hideout. My relatives and friends were holed up at home for 3 days. Even after the Operation Cyclone we did not venture out to go see them. We are too shaken.

As Mumbaikars we all got back to normal life but we now look at everyone with suspicion and that is going to stay for a long time. We will be more alert.

Many of my Blr friends called to check on me and family. Thank you dear friends for your concern.

I did not feel like posting anything from Mumbai, some feelings are too personal. Couple of people showed their concern on this blog so this post.

Yesterday I walked through the same CST station where the bloodshed was carried out and past the parcel office where the bomb was found after a week of planting. Don't expect me to express my feelings here. I am going to hold those negative feelings inside and transform them to be a better citizen and an active assertive one. I am now back in Blr.

Mumbai was attacked, terror attacks can happen anywhere be alert and inform authorities if you find anything suspicious.

4 comments:

  1. We were so sad here too, but glad you, your family and friends are okay though. Take care there! :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought of you when I was following Mumbai blast.
    Take care...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meera that is so sweet of you. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to leave your thoughts here.

On Trail