Monday, April 09, 2007

Neighborhood Watch

While the Tomatoes Dry.

Summer is here it is 37 deg Cel here unusual for Blr. Global warming showing its effects. India is expected to be hit by a heat wave.
This weekend I have other plans. I started drying 2.5 kgs tomatoes. Half a kilo of salted the rest unsalted. This project exposed me to the happenings around me that I don't notice during the week. It is summer time and see what the other residents of the neighborhood are up to. I enjoyed my weekend just watching them. Now don't get me wrong it is not what you are thinking ;). It's nature watch time and BTW airplanes too fascinate me.

One flew over the nest.

The Games squirrels play

After much sweet calling there they are. Spot the two.




Whats this fruit? Can anyone tell. It is sour juicy and makes great flavoring in curry. The juice is astringent and with sugar can be made into a fresh drink.
Updated: My friend Vinaya enlightened me through mail that it is called Bilimbi.


The busy industry

A lovely balcony but no users!

Is it a crow or a cuckoo?

The evening sky


Time to bring in the tomatoes now.



7 comments:

  1. Hey Anjali, was just catching up on the lovely posts i missed - and this one has some great snaps - great going girl !

    And are those "kamarak" ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vinaya where did you disappear? I had mailed to you before the weekend. Is that what it is....I don't know thats the reason I'm asking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH DRY TOMATOES ?
    LOVELY PICTURES AND GOOD OBSERVATION. WHAT'S THAT FRUIT ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anjali,
    That was interesting Neighborhood watch dear...

    ReplyDelete
  5. HKJ dry tomatoes for pizza, breads, muffins etc.
    Well the fruit is called Bilimbi. Thanks to Vinaya for enlightening me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh god!!! they r bimbulis... i love them...gosh...feeling very nostalgic here... amma used to add them in rasam in place of tamarind. they are not only good substitute for tamarind but good for heath too:) anjali... thank us o much for posting these pics as u dont have any idea how these pics have touched my heart for special reasons:) there r so many fond memories of my childhood attached to these bimbuli's

    ReplyDelete
  7. sia I'm happy it brought back memories for you even though I do not know the exact reason. This blog is just about that to touch someones life in unknown ways. Hugs to you dear.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to leave your thoughts here.

On Trail