Thursday, November 24, 2016

The Lifesaver Tatraveli Kolmi

A Parsi style stir fried prawns



You have read it repeatedly here that my husband eats only a specific menu in a week after which we rotate it. Dhansak - Curry rice - Dhandaar - Veg pulao - Kolmi no Pulao for lunch. Dinner is fried fish - chana ni daar - masoor - eeda no poro. How I feel limited in creativity! 

There is this simple Parsi style stir fry that He loves. It goes perfectly with Dhandaar or rotlis and as an add on in meals, filling in for the non veg component and gets eaten quietly without a murmur. 

Its an express recipe everyone must have in their repertoire so sharing it here for all the friends and readers who asked for it when I posted it on social media.

Ingredients

15 nos. Fresh large prawns, peeled and de-veined.
1/2 to 1 teaspoon Parsi Jeeru lasan masala as per your capacity to handle heat.
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 tablespoon oil
1/4 cup water

Marinate the cleaned prawns in the jeeru lasan masala and turmeric powder for atleast 30 mins in the fridge. Heat oil in a deep pan or concave tava. In the hot oil add the marinated prawns. Cook for 2 mins and then add the 1/4 cup water. Cook till oil separates. Remove if you like it tender after total 5 mins of cooking. 

My husband likes the prawns chewy something he is used to since childhood so I cook for 10 mins before removing from heat.  



Here is Sharmila's rendition of my recipe after I shared it in my network.
It celebrates our friendship and all those warm chats thru the
 #DecadeOfAnnaParabrahma


2 comments:

  1. One of the best recipes I have ever tried and I keep going back to it again and again. Love it for its simplicity. Thank you Anjali!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its such happiness to get validated by a fellow food blogger. My pleasure dear.

      Delete

Thank You for taking the time to leave your thoughts here.

On Trail