Wednesday, February 21, 2024

Honey Bee Cafe







I reached the cafe before it opened for service. This quaint little bungalow looked beautiful and as I stood there in the backyard I felt a droplet run down my spine. I touched my back and looked up at the sky. It was dusk and a thunderstorm was building up. I climbed up the steps hurriedly that took me to the kitchen. Was told to look around the place and settle down. Absolutely loved how each room had a different yet relaxed vibe. On the terrace the rain pitter pattered making my heart yearn. The yellow mellow lights would have made young hearts flutter. After a good look around I came down and settled near the menu on display. Ordered a thin crust 3 mushroom pizza or was it 3 cheese? A cappuccino. Picked up 2 cream puffs one for me and one for the driver. Sai recommended the carrot cake which had a fantastic citrusy twist. Moist and delicious. I wouldn’t have imagined this in Jagannath Puri. A wonderful relaxing evening away from the crowds in this little bungalow. That was exactly a month ago same date!

Read about my experiences in Jagannath Puri and Odisha on Swachchanda.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to leave your thoughts here.

On Trail