Saturday, February 24, 2024

Tandoori fish at Lotus Eco Resort


KHAEENGA or Mullet is the most abundant fish in Odisha waters. I enjoyed it several times. In Besaro, fried and tandoori too. After visit to the Sun temple in Konark I was guided by Sai @mycookingcanvas to go to Lotus Eco resort for lunch and promised a stunning view with it. How could I not fall for it?! Let me tell you this story.


I reached this place in the late morning. The kitchen was still prepping after an event last day. I never hesitate to make a request at restaurants. My experience is they never say no unless the request is outlandish. The service boy refused saying we are not yet ready. I called for the manager. Told him I have been recoed this restaurant for its fish. He very graciously offered me a tandoori mullet with salad. He told me after which I could roam around the resort and meanwhile thali would be made ready. I told him that just the tandoori of a whole KHAEENGA pronunced as “Khoinga” would make me stuffed to the gills and that fitted my nutrition plan too. A lime soda would be fantastic to go with it. Lo behold! I had that on my table in 15 mins. 

 

The fish was freshest and fantastic. The location and view were priceless! Coming up on Swachchanda my day trip to Konark. 



P.S: Since I was on the edge of the sea and it had rained in the morning too many flies wanted their share of my fish. 🤣🤣

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to leave your thoughts here.

On Trail