Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Phodshi with Prawns



Phodshi is in season. Rainy season brings in the wild greens. These are supposed to lend immunity for the monsoons therefore must be cooked and enjoyed for the short time it is available. 

It has a garlicky flavour. Yet this tender Phodshi isn’t so strong in taste n flavour but milder. 

I have made Phodshi in zunka form and with chana dal so today since I had called in for freshwater prawns I cooked them with this seasonal green. It was delicious. Many loved the post on Instagram so thought I should share the recipe here. 

That will also break this series of emotional posts I made. When it means nothing I must not continue else I will end up in the abyss. I have to take care of myself. I have to live my life and I shall live it well.


Ingredients 

Onions 2 large chopped 
Freshwater prawns/ Seawater prawns 250 gms
Phodshi/KuLu 4 bundles cleaned and chopped 
Green chilies 2 nos.
KOLI masala 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder 0.5 teaspoon
Coconut oil 2 tablespoon
Curry leaves 1 sprig

In a vessel heat oil. Add curry leaves fry a bit. Add the green chilies chopped. Then crush the chopped onion with hand while adding to the hot oil. Fry till translucent. Add the washed cleaned prawns. Stir fry for 2 mins till pink. Follow in with the Phodshi. Tip in the Koli masala and turmeric. Mix well. Cook till the prawns are cooked and the Phodshi is wilted. 

Serve with roti or poli. Enjoy relishing as much as I did! 

On the plate : from Instagram post

Made phodshi / KuLu with one brinjal and freshwater prawns. Ofcourse with Koli masala. Inspiration was Esavan bhaaji from my native place. It was delicious to boot.

The gavar batata a standard Koli style. Always dependable. 

Bhagar and Poli. Aamti from the fridge. A kanda 🧅 tomato 🍅 koshimbir and a shenga pudi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to leave your thoughts here.

On Trail