Saturday, July 19, 2008

Shiralyachi Chutney


Shirlyachi Chutney is a very tasty one made from the shavings of ridge gourd. As I was shaving the vegetable for Bhajalele Valachi Bhaaji,I had this smile and was thinking if it was possible to shave of a hard cover someone is pulling on.

This is a question to all of you. How many know how to deal with their emotions?

Do you get angry at the drop of the hat?
Do you suppress the tears?
Is there a fear of expressing the raw thoughts?
Do you smell a rat in everything someone does for you?
Do you feel the need to please all the world except yourself?

Do you fear that if you do any of the above you will be considered weak?

I don't know the solution for the issues relating to the questions I have asked here. But I know atleast MY answers.

I hope I am able to scrape off the hard cover. It would be a reward to experience the wonderful inside that I have got a peek into. Dil Mange More :D

I promise I will make chutney of that peel.

Ingredients

1/2 shaving of ridge gourd
1 teaspoon oil
1/2 teaspoon mustard
1/8 teaspoon asafoetida
1 cup coriander
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon lemon juice


Heat oil and crackle the mustard seeds, add the asafoetida then the ridge gourd shavings. Cook till raw smell vanishes. Let it cool.

Put the rest of the items in a dry grinder along with the seasoned and cooked ridge gourd shavings and pulse it to a nice texture as per your liking.

We Maharashtrian are creative with the peels see another example here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to leave your thoughts here.

On Trail