Who you love always influences your thinking !
There was a time when 🏹 had said to train for the 2 Oct Marathon our Company organised. He said I will also come. That was a ploy!
I joined the training 3 months ahead. Started commuting from my Bank colony home to Sarjapur every weekend morning. Arjun Devaiah the international athlete and sprinter was our trainer at the time. He motivated a lot and kept the training a lot of fun. I enjoyed all the rough games. In one such practice session I hurt my knee. He immediately gave me first aid massage and spray. Then I would do just the lighter exercises. He told me don’t be under pressure to run. That 🏹 is a long time marathoner. Don’t do like him. He came only once after his practice run of 35kms. Never for our sessions. Arjun said even if you walk on the final day I will be happy as your trainer!
I did jog for 5kms on the D day inspite of the injury. 🏹 did the Marathon almost to the last and on a speed breaker he injured himself and ended up with a ligament tear that year. Else like every past year He would have won it !
I used to have a very beautiful picture of 🏹 clicked by the official photographer from that marathon in action. When I showed it to him in the company news he didn’t care for it much. He is such a Sadhu! But I would have atleast appreciated the photographer’s skill. These are the things I disliked about him.
One day years later in my anger I deleted it. I miss seeing it now. I should have preserved it to send it to him at 60 !
Last Oct exactly on the 2nd I slipped at home while vacuuming. It was a nightmare to say the least I had a spine fracture!
Fortunately I have one of the best doctors in the metro. He had done spine surgery for Dad in 2021. So I knew I was getting the best treatment. What followed was 3 months of bed rest, 6 months of hormone therapy and recovery. After which Doc advised to start strength training. Due to the lack of stability in my life I was not able to start for few months.
Yet again a challenge by D who has always been our confidante. She said keep yourself fit. She knows exactly what to say to me 🥰 to take inspiration from 🏹 Yes he is very well preserved even now !
Like magic 🪄 it worked. I have joined the gym and enjoying it. My fear of machines has vanished and I am enjoying my workouts. It helps that the trainer is really good and pushes me to step up !
P.S : My wellness journey started after Dad passed away in June 2021. I had lost purpose in life. Was at the worst health situation. Yet I knew that I have to take care of myself as I was alone and no one to care for me.
I first signed up with a functional nutritionist, Janaki. She is a family friend. Lost almost 6kgs weight. It wasn’t even my goal.
Then until Oct 2025 I was doing CrossFit with a trainer Bhumika Patil who is also my relative. I actually started enjoying it all credit to her.
So I have been on this wellness journey for 4 yrs now ! Though I had that break of 10 months after the fall. Else it would have been 5yrs.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank You for taking the time to leave your thoughts here.