Saturday, March 31, 2007

Colorful Pizza




Does anyone need a recipe for a good pizza. Most will say nah~~~. Plus I am not an Italian that people will beg me for a recipe of all the things a PIZZA.

Anyways this blog is a log of my experiments in the kitchen so here I go.

This was the first time I made a pizza from scratch. It tastes wonderful. Earlier to this I used a readymade base that I never liked. I wanted a base like the ones in Pizzerias. I made the dough exactly like the basic bread and rolled it out like a chapati and let it rise for an hour. Then before baking just scored the bread as I did not want a dome. Baked it for 10 mins in a preheated oven. Just to set it a bit so the topping don’t make the bread soggy.



Then topping went in this order

Tomato sauce
Mozzarella cheese yeah I like it below so it forms a bed for the veggies and they roast well.
Next the halved cherry tomatoes
The sliced olives
Baked for 30 mins till the veggies looked nicely baked
Removed from the oven and sprinkled oregano before serving.



6 comments:

  1. Ohhh looks so perfect Anjali. Looks like it is from pizzahut. You have done an excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pizza looks really delicious Anjali! I am impressed with your patience to make everything form scratch!
    And th epictures are beautiful.
    Cheers
    Latha

    ReplyDelete
  3. neeta said,

    delicious lovely pizza.even homemade dough pizza tastes fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen such a colorful pizza. Attractive and delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to leave your thoughts here.

On Trail