Monday, January 08, 2007

I'm simply exhausted


Friends I know you are not going to hear me panting but I am exhausted. I need a break to recoup from the work that generated after the long holidays. I see your eyebrows go up hols to get over hols...yep ....yep.

I have been one crazy baker last weekend and am certified as a pro by my friend a Chef who does continental . So now you know what I have been upto. I made Christmas cake long after New year's celebrations were over and let me take a deep breath ....I baked my first white bread after I read about it on Anita's A Mad Tea party.

The chef picked up the loaf tapped it a bit, plucked a morsel and smelt it, GOOD he said. He loved the cake too and did not believe it was eggless.

Now I am going to rest on my accolades only until the weekend....I am hooked to baking.....pictures to follow.

Thanks Anita and Archana (Spicyana) for renewing my interest in baking.

Updated pictures on 11/01/07. Since I din't have a loaf tin I used a cake tray to bake the bread so it is not shaped like a sandwhich bread but it was yummy.

2 comments:

  1. I second that!I am tired too of baking!!Jan is mostly Indian month for me!:)) Enjoy and take a break.Come back renewed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it came out well and got the Chef's approval as well!! On to the next project...in a bit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for taking the time to leave your thoughts here.

On Trail