On 11 June
At this exact hour of the day I was eating Mooday with Hingu chutney at my friends The Raos, Shilpa, Sunil, Shashank and my darling Shamita’s home in Mangalore.
A lunch I enjoyed a seafood feast Shilpa slogged over two days to feed me. So thoughtful she went extra miles to make the curries in terracotta pots and letting them mature overnight. The banana leaf she served with so much love, skill she inherited from generations of mothers before her. The GSB cuisine that she carries forward with elan for her family. Gratitude for this wonderful opportunity for me to eat at her table. đđŊđĒģ
1. Red rice
2. Bangda tikle with tirphal. Lipsmacking and fragrant.
3. Prawn Kairi and drumstick curry. Tangy goodness carrying the whispers of summer.
4. Rava coated silver fish. Crisp and crunchy.
5. GI Tagged Mattu Gula brinjals and drumstick bhaji. The meaty brinjals with tender drumsticks that were super succulent.
I enjoyed every morsel. I would have asked for a bed to lie down but the car was waiting to take me to the airport. Guys ! and a big tumbler of Gadbad from Ideal was thrust into my hand to eat on the go !
The 7kg CARE PACKAGE ! What is your reaction to this ?
I am feeling vulnerable to share this. Please don’t put an evil eye đ§ŋ on the LOVE & FRIENDSHIP !
It is pure indulgence by Shilpa and the Rao family. She has always been like this. From the first time I met Shamita as a 7yr old and Shashank as 10 yr old. I have only received loads of ❤️
I have only gratitude for the friendship and bond. đđģ♀️đ¤Š
I am not even able to utter a Thank you. How do you thank them for this Enormity ? I am just deeply absorbing all the joys, thoughtfulness, kindness, generosity and emotions đ¤
A most Good Food laden 4 hrs in Mangalore!








No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank You for taking the time to leave your thoughts here.