Sunday, August 16, 2026

What I learnt from my life?




What life has taught me?

Happiness is within. I am a happy person.

I was just in 4th standard when I remember my Dad took us, Aai n me to Gondavale. Ever since Shree Gondavalekar Maharaj’s teaching have guided us. 

My father went to Malad for 25 years to listen to Professor K V Belsare’s lectures on Dnyaneshwari and Shree Maharaj. What he listened to he would come home and share with us. Dad read the daily pravachan and Shree’s biography every year during Punyatithi Utsav. 

Professor KVB lovingly addressed as Belsare at first and then over the years as Baba Belsare was a professor of Logic & Philosophy in Mumbai. We were blessed to have him as mentor. It continues through his several books and literature. 

This has been a HUGE influence in my life. 

There have been incidents that made me dejected and sad but I am still able to have a happy heart. 

I have lost my Aai, Husband and Dad to death. Especially Dad is my biggest loss! 

I have lost relatives due to our differences in thinking.

I have had heartbreaks. People blame those who suffer multiple heartbreaks. But don’t realise that even in arranged marriages the boy and girl goes through a process of meeting MULTIPLE alliances before settling for one. It is the same in LOVE. The whole process is about finding compatibility by elimination!

I have seen both matchmaking and LOVE. I recommend LOVE. Trust me traditional matchmaking was a terrible experience NO GIRL should go through!!!

Being the woman that I am my father always told me I don’t require a man !

Obviously he meant men who came from regressive backgrounds. 

In my life my choice of men changed over time. First I tried to fit in. Then I knew exactly what I wanted. Yet when I married I accepted things that were very regressive initially BUT I worked on changing things. My husband changed slowly. Accepting what was right. It was also because of the commitment I had in our husband-wife relationship. Else it isn’t easy to change old habits.

That is how life is lived. Fix things and keep the work in progress. Nothing is permanent or a line carved in stone. 

I myself have evolved over time. At the core I am a seeker of happiness. 

Materialistically especially in school we were taught to choose a rich man and we were trained to be a good wife. I realise now, how regressive that was ! 

I never was like that. I chose intelligent men. Men who made their own life better. Who knew how to live. In marriage somethings were not true nor were they perfect. I knew what I had chosen so there was no chance to complain. We worked on the challenges. 

Who ever I loved in my life have a lasting influence. Undeniably they were part of my life. I don’t understand how people deny having past lives? 

I identify with a sunflower 🌻 always facing the sun and blooming. Finding my happiness even after episodes of sadness. They are but only episodes right?

Like recently was listening to Prof K V Belsare’s discourse where he narrates Shree Maharaj saying, “There  is absolutely NO reason to be sad in life. If you are unhappy then it should be about FORGETTING GOD !”

I am truly blessed I have such a mentor who continues to guide me even after his passing away in 1998. I have been fortunate to have got his blessing and one on one time which has left an indelible impact on me. 
🙇🏻‍♀️🌹🙇🏻‍♀️🌹🙇🏻‍♀️🌹

AND FINALLY when it’s not SPIRITUALITY it is RAJ YOG that I am lucky to enjoy ☺️ 😉



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You for taking the time to leave your thoughts here.

On Trail