A lovely evening exploring मनभावन श्रावण with Dr. Dhanashree Lele. Her research and command over the subject made her lecture truly delightful. She revealed Shravan through literature, poems, songs, Ovis and Santawani.
About Shravan being the time to breed, grow and generally the moistness makes us soften. The festivals teach us to give in this period. How it is about being in jodis because nature and the creator wants us to flourish. She left us pondering on the loss of these values and traditions.
Being an educator she uses a screen presentation to add effect. Her distinctive style of delivering this talk interspersed with anecdotes kept everyone engrossed for 2 hrs.
Shrirang Bhave sang ‘आई असते श्रावण’ to close today’s program. Kudos to DSM for bringing to us such cultural rich experiences 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽
I am making it a habit to dress up for these events like in my childhood when we went to watch Marathi theatre. My Aai always wore silk sarees and a gajra in her hair. Baba in his posh clothes too. Followed by a meal at one of the Marathi restaurants in Girgaon. Those were wonderful times that I am reminded of today…
Cut to now…As I stepped out of the Chabildas school Shree Krishna Batatawada beckoned. Brought home a parcel and ate with Pav I had at home. Dessert was 2 bananas.
A magical evening indeed !






No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank You for taking the time to leave your thoughts here.